Dr. Groisser and the Staff at Village Orthodontics are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist, at a minimum, of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 45-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. Out of respect for your valuable time, we include time immediately following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent or primary baby) teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records, often on the same day! If specialized treatment considerations that may involve coordination with your General Dentist or other dental specialists are necessary, we may schedule a separate consultation visit to discuss treatment options and time frames. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- The completed health history questionnaire you will have received in our welcome packet via mail.
If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we should be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
Attention Google Chrome and Mac OSX Safari browser users: Please right click on New Patient Form and select "Save Link As", Save to your desktop. Please make sure that you are using Adobe Reader to open and submit the New Patient Online Forms and not the browsers built-in Preview mode. Using Preview mode will not submit the forms successfully. The best method to submit this form is using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
Download forms here:
- New Patient Forms - Adult
- New Patient Forms - Child
- Braces Article by the Journal of the American Dental Association